[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 6 10:14:54 CEST 2010

On 6 May 2010 09:31, Juha Manninen <juha.manninen at phnet.fi> wrote:

> Please don't continue the same discussion any more, anyone!

Correct, and the reason why I replied to those posters in private.

> Given the design goals and Graeme's coding skills, I would estimate his IDE
> will be in good shape relatively quickly, in one or two years.

And like I told someone in private, it will also serve as a showpiece
for what fpGUI is capable of (unlike the existing small [feature
specific] demos included with fpGUI).

Features already implemented (using +- 12 hours of my time):
  * Project / unit management
  * IDE macros
  * User defined macros per project
  * multi-threaded for compiling and searching functions, keeping the IDE
     and UI very responsive.
  * multiple build modes
  * very customizable compiler options and search directories.
     this works hand-in-glove with multiple build modes.
  * project templates support
  * External tools support
  * Context sensitive help (by using offline help)
  * Single Window (tabbed) design
  * File Browser support
  * Scratch Pad or Code Snippets window

I'm now working on the GDB front-end. Code will be made available in
the fpGUI repository after the fpGUI v0.7 release.

  - Graeme -