[Lazarus] Syntax highlighting question

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 7 15:26:26 CEST 2010

On 7 May 2010 15:06, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Because 'String' is a keyword, the others are not.

So it is. umm... I learnt something new again.

> Contrary to popular
> belief, 'Boolean' and 'Integer' are not keywords, they are identifiers.

How do they (whoever they might be) justify this? All of them are
simple/standard types. Plus the following code doesn't compile:

procedure MyProc;
var
  integer: Integer;
begin
  //
end

fails to compile with the following message. Mode objfpc is used.
frm_main.pas(547,19) Error: Error in type definition

  - Graeme -