[Lazarus] Syntax highlighting question

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Fri May 7 15:48:09 CEST 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> On 7 May 2010 15:30, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> When the : is parsed, integer is already known as variable.
>> Try
>> integer : system.integer;
>
> OK, that works. Thanks.
>
> I still can't think why Boolean and Integer are not keywords though.

If they were keywords, something like system.integer wouldn't be
possible. The question is wrong btw: you've to ask why string is a
keyword. And this can be answered: when using it to defined shortstrings
with a given length (string[123]), it's more logical to consider string
as keyword instead of a identifier.

> Borland must have been smoking something really strong that day. :)

No. This was Nikolas Wirth :)