[Lazarus] Win32/64 application handle

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri May 7 16:43:01 CEST 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Friday, May 7, 2010, 1:15:38 AM, you wrote:

PI> 1. Application must have only 1 icon on the taskbar

And it should not be the mainform one ? In other words would it be
acceptable that the taskbar icon and caption is the mainform caption
instead the Application one ?

PI> 2. Forms need to have the same z-order (non-main forms should not be
PI> always on top of the main form)

Hmmmm... this could be a problem, yes.

PI> 3. All application windows needs to be minimized/restored on taskbar
PI> item mimizise/restore

All forms must follow the Application.handle state, so once mainform
minimized, all other forms must follow. I see.

PI> All this caused the decision to add a dummy application window which is
PI> a parent of all the forms.
PI> It is possible to implement all this without that window but:
PI> 1. some things will be more difficult
PI> 2. some user code can depend on Application.Handle
PI> Somewhere in the future we will reimplement this.

Do you think that if me of any other solves some of this problems
(some could be impossible due the application.handle and
mainform.handle equality) at least the possible patch would be taken
in evaluation ? I'm asking because if it is against design it will be
never applied in any way.

--
Best regards,
 José