[Lazarus] Stand-alone (external) Form Designer?

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Fri May 7 16:42:50 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/5/7 Michael Van Canneyt :
>>
>> Mattias' explanation is what I meant with 'there is more than the editor to
>> lazarus'.
>
> Yes I understood that. My point about "not being feasible" is that the
> forms designer is way to integrated into the rest of the IDE, that
> it's not simply a job of moving some units into  new project and
> compile as a stand-alone app (process simplified for this message).
> Meaning the IDE is not that modular.

On the contrary, it seems very modular, but for a complex goal you
need more complicate integration. If you were forced to use the
designer wholesale, and depend on Lazarus package format, etc, then it
wasn't modular ;-)
I would infer from Mattias' post that if you don't use external form
references, frames or visual form inheritance, it's feasible and
relatively easy/straight-forward.

Best regards,
Flávio