[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri May 7 16:48:24 CEST 2010

Razvan Adrian Bogdan wrote:

> I'm not sure if threading support is better now, last time i checked,
> there were still some issues with threads in FPC, the developer who
> wrote PWU complained a lot about threading support being a major
> obstacle in FPC, if you want a faster HTTP or FastCGI service instead of
> the slow but safe CGI you really need good/predictible threading and
> absolutely no leaks so the SmartPointer/ReferenceCounting would be
> really useful because in most projects there are other people that
> forget to free some stuff.

Can anyone in the know, comment on this?  I've been using FPC for a couple of
threaded TCP server applications since 2005 and haven't had any problems.
Though admittedly, they are not what I'd call high traffic in terms of
concurrent connections.

I'm working on a project now where I expect to have some fairly higher
concurrent connections (maybe 300-600) so I hope (and assume) all is well for
threaded apps on Linux servers :-)

--
Warm Regards,

Lee