[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Fri May 7 22:26:11 CEST 2010

2010/5/7 Leonardo M. <l.rame at griensu.com>:
> (...)
> Just for learning purpouses. For real apps, I preffer to use plain ExtJs
> and Apache or my own Synapse-based web server for the backend.

Yes. I think I will use ExtJS (or Qooxdoo <http://qooxdoo.org/>) and Apache.
Did you made your own webserver? There is advantages instead of use
Apache, e.g.?

ABorka <fpc-devel at aborka.com> wrote:

> The server side was an Apache mod but now it is simply CGI. We did not see
> any speed increase/decrease for the visitor traffic volume we have in either
> case.

Nobody has done a test like this.
This is a good information for CGI programmers...

> We might do it FCGI in the future, but it does not seem to be working on
> Windows (it was a few months ago so I do not exactly remember what was the
> problem, but I think it was something like many FCGI app instances got
> spawned and dragged the CPU like crazy all the time even between requests),
> so we probably need to move to Linux for the server development in case we
> try to do this again.

In the ExtPascal's list they had some problems using FCGI on Windows.
Exists some IFDEF's in ExtPascal code to work on IIS...

> No frameworks or libs were used, it is a normal website with screens,
> reports, etc., people need to click on things to get new content.
> The request goes to the web server and an HTML page is generated using a
> template, replacing the template-tags with content from files/databases,
> etc.

OK. This is very simple. I like that. Thank you.

Marcos Douglas