[Lazarus] lazarus windows can't use shared directorys

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Mon May 10 01:50:58 CEST 2010

Fedorax wrote:
> Le 09/05/2010 12:48, Graeme Geldenhuys a écrit :
>> On 9 May 2010 12:24, Fedorax<fedorax at free.fr>  wrote:
>>
>>> My test sources files was in:
>>> \\VBOXSVR\moi\sources_soft\lazarus_projets\db_utils
>>>

>> I assign drive letters to those shared folders, then Lazarus and FPC
>> works fine. I create drive letters via Total Commander, not sure how
>> to do it from within Windows supplied apps.
>>
> I don't know total commander and i stop using windows 6 years ago. I
> just reinstall an virtual xp yesterday to see how lazarus can cross
> compile. I've only firefox fpc and lazarus on my linux virtual.

Not all applications like UNC paths (== the one you gave). Even cmd.exe
in windows needs a drive letter.

Mapping a driveletter in windows can be done on several ways, no need
for 3rd party tools. I'll give you 2 of them.

1) in the exporer, navigate to \\VBOXSVR (in the address bar), when the
shares are listed, right click a share and choose "map network drive"

2) From the tools menu, choose "map network drive"

Marc