[Lazarus] Using fcl-xml with lcl and constant Utf8Encode/Decode conversion

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 11 12:14:08 CEST 2010

On 11 May 2010 10:52, Michael Schnell wrote:

> (Why) Has this (IMHO very important) project stopped ?

I can only speak for myself (but am sure others have similar stories).
I am extremely busy with my daytime job. Being a family man as well,
also reduces my time for open source projects. Not to mention that I
already maintain/contribute to fpGUI, tiOPF, DUnit2, FBLib, DCPCrypt
and minor contributions to FPC & Lazarus.

I also consider the CodePage enabled String type a *very important
feature* missing in FPC. I have some local commits, which I haven't
had time to review again (last worked on it in December) and need push
to the SubVersion repository.

This is why I mentioned earlier that if there are any other would-be
contributors, please step forward and help out the FPC project. This
missing feature would be a great step forward for FPC and is a major
missing feature compared to Delphi at the moment. I don't know much
about Compiler coding myself, but other FPC core members have been
quick to help when I had any queries. FPC is a open source, community
driven project - we need the community to help. We can't expect one or
two people to do all the work!

  - Graeme -