[Lazarus] Using fcl-xml with lcl and constant Utf8Encode/Decode conversion

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 12 00:36:45 CEST 2010

On 11 May 2010 17:05, Michael Schnell wrote:
> I suppose the script is for compiling the RTL rather than the compiler
> itself.

Yes, I compile the Compiler with Lazarus IDE or fpGUI IDE. I then use
the script to compile the RTL.

On a side note:
fpGUI IDE will have Project Groups soon (something like Delphi 7 has)
so compiling the Compiler and RTL will be possible soon from inside
the IDE. My IDE already has support for various macro groups per
project so switching compiler versions is simply done by toggling a
single switch which alters the ${COMPILER} macro value.  These are two
things I really missed in Lazarus IDE and will be extremely useful in
cross-compiling too (hint, hint to the Lazarus devs <smile>).

> I moved the fpc.cfg file into the cpstrnew directory besides the main
> Makefile.
>
> No change :(.

I renamed the file for the email attachment. The fpc.cfg file should
be in /etc/ if it must be global (and the filename stays as in the
attachment), or as ~/.fpc.cfg if it's only meant for your user. Note
the "." in-front of the file name, when it lives in your home
directory (as a hidden file).  No idea where it goes under Windows.

  - Graeme -