[Lazarus] Using fcl-xml with lcl and constant Utf8Encode/Decode conversion

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 12 10:56:26 CEST 2010

On 12 May 2010 09:14, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> Graeme, it seems you had a deeper look into MSEide, don't you? ;-)

Yup. :-)  You created a very flexible and "future proof" IDE. I love
the flexibility of compiler settings in MSEide and how quickly you can
toggle between them.  I borrowed some of your dialog designs too, but
the source code is all written from scratch. I just didn't like the
many "per project" settings you have in MSEide (personal preference or
what I am used to I guess). So my IDE has similar settings, but some
of those settings are now global IDE settings and applies to all
projects (new and existing).  The joys of open source software -
borrowing ideas from everywhere.  ;-)

What amazes me though is that MSEide has one single unit for GDB
support. Lazarus has 6+ large units. Yet MSEide seems to have more GDB
implemented features. Go figure!  :)

  - Graeme -