[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu May 13 22:04:43 CEST 2010

On Thu, 13 May 2010, Marcos Douglas wrote:

> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
> <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I can't speak for other, but not *all* applications (web, desktop,
>> console or otherwise) are always available to the public. That doesn't
>> mean FPC is not being used.
>
> You right, of course. But is significant hear some use cases, don't?

We are using it to give parents access to the information that schools
have on their children. Schools have a client/server app, and the web
front-end is used to display the information in the database.

We'll be extending the web-interface to allow teachers to enter information
in the same database as well. (grades, absentees, remarks on behaviour etc.)

All this happens with FPC on the server (fcl-web and sqldb), and ExtJS for
the client in the browser.

Michael.