[Lazarus] Suggestion: Remove GTK1 support from IDE and LCL.

Burkhard Carstens fpc at bcsoft.de
Fri May 14 16:23:27 CEST 2010

<marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:
> >> IT also means that we need to think if we should bump the minimal
> >> gtk2 requirement.
> >
> > Oh please, pretty please, don't.
> > I have gtk2-2.8.3-4 on a 10 year old machine  running Suse 10.0 and
> > I prefer GTK2 above GTK1 nowadays.
>
> Shall we all wait for you to catch up, then ;)

This is one and probably the most important reason, I still prefer gtk1.
It doesn't change anymore, so my apps work pretty fine on suse 9.0-11.2
(beside some minor issue (bug #14496) which I could get around with a
dirty hack ..)
Switching to gtk2 means, either stick to an old lazarus version (with
those many gtk2 bugs) or update linux on my dev machine + force my
customers to also update their linux installations... sorry, no way.

regards
 Burkhard