[Lazarus] Suggestion: Remove GTK1 support from IDE and LCL.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 15 00:52:04 CEST 2010

On 15 May 2010 00:50, Juha Manninen wrote:
> advanced features and then you must update. If it takes few years then Lazarus
> will be much better and GTK2 is already replaced with something better, so you
> can skip it. :-)

Hopefully Lazarus would have reached v1.0 by then. :-)

What I find strange though is that GTK2 is now at 2.30 (I think), yet
Lazarus developers (and users) are still talking about *not* bumping
the lowest supported GTK2 from 2.6 (I think) to something newer.

2.6 -> 2.30 is a lifetime apart! Surely it's time Lazarus starts
taking advantage of GTK2 features that have appear in the last 5+
years of GTK2 development? LCL-Qt was very quickly bumped from Qt v3
to Qt v4, so why not GTK2?

[um, maybe I should restrain myself from posting to the Lazarus
mailing list again - I'm asking way to many questions. <wink>]

  - Graeme -