[Lazarus] Suggestion: Remove GTK1 support from IDE and LCL.

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat May 15 11:57:20 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Florian Klaempfl
<florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> And what features exactly misses the LCL by taking care of 2.8?

As far as I remember there is a good amount of features of 2.8
compared with 2.6 which are useful, you can see the ifdefs in LCL-Gtk2

And recently developers found some routines which require 2.12 that
are needed to improve using LCL-Gtk2 in a remote X server.

Usually each new Gtk version has a couple of new routines which are useful.

If I was the gtk2 maintainer, I would increase the minimum to 2.12,
which is reasonable, but of course there are other solutions like
checking the version dinamicaly or make the ifdefs default to 2.12 but
allow others to define GTK_2_6 if they use an older Gtk.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho