[Lazarus] TSQLQuery and creating a new record

Albert Zuurbier albert.zuurbier at gmail.com
Mon May 17 19:49:54 CEST 2010

    >  would like to discuss (and hopefully learn) about other things I
    >  found.
    It always amazes me how people can have huge problems with the most
    simple things. It probably means that there has to be something wrong,
    somewhere. (Documentation?) Are you familiar with datasets in Delphi?

It always amazes me how sharp developers/owners/creators react to innocent, dumb and (in the light of your reaction) arrogant emails.
When will I ever learn to hit the right tone in my emails?

    And you are right offcourse that a InsertSQL property would be useless
    without parameters.

    If you want to provide your own InsertSQL (instead the one generated by
    sqldb) try: 'insert into table(field1,field2) values (:field1,:field2)'
    Updatesql:
    'update table set field=:field, field2=:field2 where
    (field1=:old_field1) and (field2=:old_field2)'
    A delete statement should be easy now.

IT WORKS! I definitively vote for documentation. Now, documentation is
where I can do something. I cannot add anything to the development of
TSQLQuery itself, so much is made more than clear. But, I am happy that
the component works the way I expected it to work.

Thanks,
Albert