[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue May 18 18:37:49 CEST 2010

Bee Jay wrote:
> On 18 Mei 2010, at 21:40, Myles Wakeham wrote:
>
> We must realize and admit that Pascal still lacks of tools for web app
> development. :(

Oh my goodness yes!  Eclipse and NetBeans...I'd rather swap out my 2-ply for 20
grain sandpaper.  Big, bloated, resource intensive IDE's.  When I was working on
the Flex UI for my framework, I had to use FlexBuilder (now FlashBuilder) and
while it wasn't the worst of the Eclipse plugins I've used, it did take like 200
MB of memory just sitting there.

Personally a good IDE for me would consist of a good editor.  I've tried some
out there like Notepad++ which is ok, but settled down to using PSPad on
Windows.  Lazarus might be a good candidate if there was an easy way to plug in
suggestion/autocomplete datas specific to JS frameworks.

My vision is to have an IDE with a great editor and editor features but also
visual designer like GLADE# where its more like a View Builder and produces
views which are decoupled from any model.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee