[Lazarus] FPC 2.4.2 and Lazarus

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis dioannidis at artesoft.gr
Wed May 19 14:37:48 CEST 2010

theo wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it correct, that the paintable area of an Image.Canvas is not growing
> with the Image?

No, this is your "problem". The canvas size is exactly the size of the
graphic inside the image. It is independent of the size of the TImage.

> Example:
> Put a TImage on an empty Form. Set Align to alClient.

Do you put a graphic in it ? If not I wonder what happens. IIRC an empty
TImage has a size of 1x1 pixel, but it maybe it generates a bitmap of
the initial TImage size.

Anyway sizing a TImage only changes the dimension of its "viewport" not
of the embedded graphic.
If you want such behaviour, use a paintbox

Marc