[Lazarus] FPC 2.4.2 and Lazarus

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed May 19 17:48:18 CEST 2010

On 19/05/2010 14:47, Paul Ishenin wrote:
> 19.05.2010 21:45, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> but with the many
>> regression bugs I found recently, that would worry me.
> All reported regressions bugs must be fixed before any release.

It is all normal that snapshot/SVN-trunk code does have regressions, and
while it is always good to have some people using it, and help reporting
them.
(even so sometimes the reports sound more like a complaint, which is
hard to understand, since why would you complain that something broke,
if you went there *after* having been told that it will break?)

But despite this Graeme  is right on his point: In the past couple of
month several big changes where made, that from all we saw so far, have
introduced a particulary high amount of those regressions.

As it stands currently, I am not 100% convinced, that not quite some of
them may only be reported *after* the next release (Since not every user
uses trunk).
Otherwise, we need to find a way to convince more people to test before
we release. Some form of pre-release, but I think no one (who doesn't
use trunk anyway) will test it unless it can easy and safely be tested
without interfering with their stable installation.

Martin