[Lazarus] FPC 2.4.2 and Lazarus

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu May 20 11:22:10 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 08:21:31AM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 20 May 2010 01:04, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> >
> > Do you care about users? Do you volunteer for release engineering? We always
> > have a few spots open?
>
> Is there a list of who does what for each release so we can see what
> spots are open?

Currently, there is a list of routine stuff to do. Most is done by the
release manager (Joost for 2.2, me for 2.4), but others work on that list
too (e.g. Jonas did a lot of the grunt work for 2.4.0)

For the rest there is every platform builders own responsibility.

Most delays come from the actual build steps, specially .deb and .rpm always
delay. It would really make releasing more painless if that was already
somewhat finished and tested if the release process starts.

(and I plan to branch 2.4.2 and do some of the bits on the list this
weekend or next)