[Lazarus] Fastest way to draw

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat May 22 09:26:11 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Brad Campbell <brad at wasp.net.au> wrote:
> I'm experimenting with an Oscilloscope at the moment.

Are you implementing the hardware too?

> So there are _lots_ of little fiddly bits to draw (about 1200 line segments
> per refresh).
>
> There has to be a faster way to get data to the screen in a cross-platform
> fashion (I'm developing on Linux but ultimately I'll be compiled for OSX and
> Win32).

In my 2nd year of university my group built built an osciloscope with
a GUI written in Lazarus and the hardware being an ISA Board .

For my project the following technique was more then enough:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developing_with_Graphics#Create_a_custom_control_which_draws_itself

But as others have pointer, there are other solutions.

I think the download link is this one, but the server is down now:
http://eletronicalivre.iv.org.br/portal/portugues/osciloscopio/download

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho