[Lazarus] IDE layouts

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat May 22 10:04:33 CEST 2010

On Sat, 22 May 2010 09:29:05 +0200
Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 22.05.2010 06:15, schrieb Reimar Grabowski:
> > On Fri, 21 May 2010 21:26:22 +0200
> > Hans-Peter Diettrich<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>  wrote:
> >
> >> B) With multiple editor windows, the layout includes the files, open in
> >> an editor window.
> >
> > Can you explain why? IMHO layout and content should be separated.
> >
> > R.
>
> But the editor windows are part of the layout.
>
> Imagine you have a layout that has two editor windows open. Now you
> switch to another layout that has only one editor window (now the open
> files might get "merged"). If you now switch back to your previous
> layout you might want to have all files open in their previous
> corresponding editor windows (and the newly opened files in the default
> editor) - at least I would want that. So you have to store the opened
> files per editor window somewhere.

Imagine further you opened some file in one window and you now
switch to another view, for example when debugging ends (switching
from debug layout to edit layout). If the open file list is stored
with the layout then the new files are now gone. I would not like that.

The open files, cursor positions, jump history and breakpoints are
stored in the session info (.lps file). The window layouts for editing,
debugging should be stored in the session too.

Maybe you want multiple sessions for a project?

Mattias