[Lazarus] IDE layouts

dmitry boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 23 21:16:01 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:26 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Here's my idea about loadable IDE layouts:

What prevents you from makeing "IDE layouts" as IDE extension rather
than modification of IDE itself?
I always prefer "extension" way instead of "modification". Since
extensions are easy to maintain, add and remove later when necessary.
Imho, concept of modularity should be used as much as possible,
especially by Lazarus itself.

I can't find the idea really great. Each of the developer has uses
only one layout (at least all developers i know uses only single
layout) that he/she setups on the first IDE run.

thanks,
dmitry