[Lazarus] clarification / Re: constant-highlight ? [Re: quick opinion poll / pascal highlighting "case"]

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed May 26 05:59:40 CEST 2010

On 5/25/2010 05:44, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> But highlighting helps a lot reading code with unfamiliar
> indentation. The case label highlighting helps reading foreign code.
> Try it. For example for me the indentation of the MSEGui code is
> unfamiliar. The case labeling helps here.

this is one reason why i generally run all foreign-to-me code thru a "pretty
printer" that formats the way i was taught to format pascal code... two spaces
indention for each new section, not one or more than 2 and most definitely not
tabs...

for example:

begin
   if foo then
     begin
       bar := foo;
       foo := not foo;
     end;
   if bar then
     begin
       foo := bar;
       bar := not bar;
     end;
end.

similar for var, const, and type declarations, too... always two spaces...