[Lazarus] component installation failure

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Wed May 26 08:48:23 CEST 2010

Am Dienstag, den 25.05.2010, 21:07 +0200 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Tue, 25 May 2010 19:52:57 +0200
> Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > >
> > > Possible reasons:
> > > - The register procedure was not called, because you didn't check the
> > > 'Has Register procedure' for this unit in the package editor.
> >
> > Do you mean the checkbox "Register Unit" in the lower third of the
> > package management window? Well, that one is actually checked.
>
> Good.
>

> > > - You didn't start the new IDE, but the old. Start the IDE in the
> > >   terminal. You will see where the new lazarus executable is created.
> >
> > I think it is the right one. lazarus at my site is a symlink in my home
> > dirs bin directory, this symlink is pointing to the file named lazarus
> > in the source dir, the right file should be used whether I start from a
> > terminal (which I do normally) or via the 'run ...' menu of the window
> > manager. There is no global installation. But I'll test startlazarus.
> >
> > No, no change. The package is listed and in the package tree is flagged
> > as "install on next start".
>
> Then it is not compiled into the executable you started.
>

> >[...]
> > But I have used "make bigide" because I needed to recompile lazarus
> > itself after the threading error which was thrown repeatedly and lazarus
> > didn't start at all.
>
> Always keep a good lazarus executable as backup.

Some news on this topic:

It looks like this is an error inside the self compiling mechanism of
lazarus. Anytime I allow a running lazarus to compile itself the nasty
spinlock error is thrown at startup.

If I only use lazarus to configure packages, like removing the
unfinished and thus questionable one I'm working on, exit afterwards and
do "gmake bigide" anything works well. The registration and
deregistration of packages does actually work, too. This makes me assume
the 2.4.0 compiler is okay.

Why my working package doesn't do seems to be a second question.

Has there been any changes regarding threading in the self building code
of lazarus? Going the step back to the last svn version I've used
doesn't change the error, so that would have be done befor rev. 25285.

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>