[Lazarus] Regex and Syntax Highlighting

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed May 26 21:09:47 CEST 2010

On 26/05/2010 19:54, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Apparently it uses some kind of line state too and only updates
> till the visible area. Maybe synedit can do the same. At the moment
> syndit updates everything too often.

It's been on my todo for a long time (and some prep work, like moving
highlighter related functions from synedit to highlighter  have started....)

It will be limited though => because folding needs to know the full deal
(as scrollbars depend on the total of visible (unfolded) lines.
Of course, if no nodes are folded => folding doesn't care (even if
switches on). It's only when a node actually is folded => then folding
needs to verify it still exists.

Another improvement (but much less noticable) would be to separate
structural and visual scan.

certain info (like making a "+" red) is only needed when you scan for
display.
It doesn't matter for the overall structure. Also many keywords make no
difference for the structure (as far as the highlighter is concerned)
"deprecated" for example. In structural scan it doesn't need to be a
keyword.

Martin