[Lazarus] Solved - Re: component installation failure

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Wed May 26 23:09:10 CEST 2010

Good evening,

Mattias Gaertner pushed me to looking at FreeBSD as a cause first and he
was right. It actually is a special problem of the OS, not Lazarus.

There has to be a file /etc/libmap.conf mapping all possible threading
libraries to only one, if not different libraries are used and threading
breaks.

For the records:

Mine looks like this currently on FreeBSD 7.2

$ cat /etc/libmap.conf
# /etc/libmap.conf
#
# candidate     mapping
#
libpthread.so.2         libthr.so.3
libpthread.so           libthr.so

libc_r.so.5             libthr.so.3
libc_r.so               libthr.so

libc_r.so.6             libthr.so.3

libthr.so.3             libthr.so.3
liothr.so               libthr.so

and solves the problem for me, although I'm not absolutely sure about
each entry.

One last remark:

Since using make to compile lazaurs from the command line worked all the
time there must be a difference between the way lazarus feeds the
libraries to link against to the compile process than it is done inside
the make file. Maybe it is only a trivial change in library names.

Thanks for help and attention. Lazarus is so cool (as long as it is
running normally ;).
--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>