[Lazarus] clarification / Re: constant-highlight ? [Re: quick opinion poll / pascal highlighting "case"]

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu May 27 21:25:48 CEST 2010

On 5/26/2010 14:26, Vannus wrote:
> IMO thats redundant lines + more scrolling to read the code. whereas:-
>
> if x then begin
>    code
> end else begin
>    if y then begin
>      code
>    end else begin
>      code
>    end;
> end;

the above format hurts my eyes... i cannot see else, for one thing, and cannot
separate out the individual code blocks... it is really bad when it spans 50
lines or more... especially when it covers several pages... at that point, you
loose the rest of it...

> involves less scrolling when its big, or when using smaller screen.

what's wrong with scrolling? here's another thought... what happens when you
print out the code and then draw in vertical lines to delineate the individual
blocks? i've had to do that many many times to locate where a semicolon or end
statement was left out... it really sucked wasting sometimes hundreds of sheets
of continuous feed paper so that it was all connected together... i wouldn't try
it today with the single sheet feed stuff... this is one reason why i (still)
keep several continuous feed printers around ;)

> where the semicolons should go is clear
> every line is functional, no redundant lines
> more like one-line if

hehehe... more like a one line program :P ;)