[Lazarus] Lazarus CGI Sample

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri May 28 10:22:29 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 17:52 -0300, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> El jue, 27-05-2010 a las 22:43 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt escribió:
> > It would be an interesting test to see how easy you could
> > re-create that in fcl-web.
> >
> > Maybe we can learn something from this test, see how we
> > can improve and/or simplify things.
> >
> > Michael.
> >

> Well this is a fairly trivial app, I'm sure I can recreate it in without
> problems with fpWeb and templates.
>
> One interesting part of FreeSpider is that it includes an object
> oriented way to create HTML tables, this helps to avoid mixing HTML code
> with Object Pascal when you want to create tables from database data.
>
> On the other hand, fpWeb has a more advanced templating engine, that
> maybe (I don't tested it) allows one to create rows of an HTML table
> right from the template, without creating it inside the program's code.

The webdesign package has a better way to support grids then there is
now currently in fcl-web.

But what you want eventually is that the (grid) component has it's own
internal format. And that you use a mediator to fill it with data, so
that you can connect it to anything you want. Objects, databases,
anything.

And anyone can help, it's no rocket science. Cgi is about writeln's
after all... ;)

Joost.