[Lazarus] clarification / Re: constant-highlight ? [Re: quick opinion poll / pascal highlighting "case"]

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 28 10:22:48 CEST 2010

On 28 May 2010 10:09, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Beware Graeme. Seeing reason behind madness might lead to madness ;)

:-)

> Tabwidths is more like line endings and encodings. It should be per
> file.

Maybe Lazarus can one day support editor style hints inside comments.
Some editors support this already like: vi, vim, jEdit etc..
The first comment inside each source file defines the indentation
style used. The editor then adjust for that style for that file only.

> I agree, it's better than fixed tabs.

A nice bonus with Elastic Tabstops is that you can uses proportional
fonts too (often prettier than mono fonts) - yet indentation is still
perfectly aligned.

> It should be doable.

Um, I should maybe give this another try and some point.

  - Graeme -