[Lazarus] Lazarus CGI Sample

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Fri May 28 15:10:22 CEST 2010

El vie, 28-05-2010 a las 10:22 +0200, Joost van der Sluis escribió:
> On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 17:52 -0300, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> > El jue, 27-05-2010 a las 22:43 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt escribió:
> > > It would be an interesting test to see how easy you could
> > > re-create that in fcl-web.
> > >
> > > Maybe we can learn something from this test, see how we
> > > can improve and/or simplify things.
> > >
> > > Michael.
> > >

> > Well this is a fairly trivial app, I'm sure I can recreate it in without
> > problems with fpWeb and templates.
> >
> > One interesting part of FreeSpider is that it includes an object
> > oriented way to create HTML tables, this helps to avoid mixing HTML code
> > with Object Pascal when you want to create tables from database data.
> >
> > On the other hand, fpWeb has a more advanced templating engine, that
> > maybe (I don't tested it) allows one to create rows of an HTML table
> > right from the template, without creating it inside the program's code.
>
> The webdesign package has a better way to support grids then there is
> now currently in fcl-web.
>
> But what you want eventually is that the (grid) component has it's own
> internal format. And that you use a mediator to fill it with data, so
> that you can connect it to anything you want. Objects, databases,
> anything.
>
> And anyone can help, it's no rocket science. Cgi is about writeln's
> after all... ;)
>
> Joost.

Joost, the 300 lines are Object Pascal code, I'll try to reproduce the
same result using fpWeb this weekend, hopefully I can make it with less
code, then I'll show you it so you can make recommendations to let me
optimize it.

For the HTML/JS/CSS side, I don't use any designer, just a text editor.
Anyway, I'll take a look at the webdesign package.

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
Griensu S.A. - Medical IT Córdoba