[Lazarus] Using FPC parser/tokenizer for code formatting

Adem listmember at letterboxes.org
Fri May 28 16:14:47 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-28 16:32, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> I'd also like to hear opinions whether I should spend time on this,
>> or even whether it is a good idea to use FPC's parser/tokenizer
>> engine for code formatter.
> IMHO: No. The FPC parser/tokenizer is not very forgiving about errors
> in the code.
> That means that as soon as an error is encountered, the parser stops
> parsing. That in turn means that everything below the error will not be
> formatted.
I am aware of that.

But, I am hoping to modify the FPC parser/tokenizer so that instead of
it deciding whether to stop, it should do a callback and let the caller
decide whether it should stop.

Is this likely to be unworthy of the effort?

[Sent this as private email, by mistake. Sorry, Michael. And, I hate
Thunderbird :) ]

--
Cheers,

Adem