[Lazarus] Using FPC parser/tokenizer for code formatting

dmitry boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 28 22:43:48 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Adem <listmember at letterboxes.org> wrote:
> Would I have your blessing if I proposed a bounty to unentwine them so that
> each one of those major modules becomes objects in tehir own right
> --commnicating with one another through public/published events and
> properties.
>
> I can guess that it would be hard to do, but I feel it will be absolutely
> impossible without your (and the rest of compiler team's) blessing.

I can see another benefit of separating parser/tokenizer from code
generation. Is easier and better support of newer targets. I'm talking
about long wished LLVM, and even possibly Java and/or .NET. (No need
to support all possible features, but generate their native
byte-code).
So far, the internal structure of the compiler is the **only**
obstacle (caused by lack of manpower, actually)

thanks,
dmitry