[Lazarus] Using FPC parser/tokenizer for code formatting

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 29 12:26:39 CEST 2010

On 29 May 2010 06:35, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> that this can be achieved in a reasonable time. IMO the effort to do so
>> should be spent in existing pascal parsers.
>
> Just the number of existing Pascal parsers suggests to me that time is spent
> *better* in a front-end unification, than in maintaining and synchronizing
> any number of independent parsers.

Maybe it's just me, but I agree with Michael here. I think effort
should be spent on improving the fcl-passrc parser instead. After all,
it is included with FPC, so should take priority than other external
(3rdParty) parsers. More effort should be placed on keeping it up to
date with what FPC itself supports. This should also become the
general purpose parser that could be used for all other projects build
with FPC.

  - Graeme -