[Lazarus] clarification / Re: constant-highlight ? [Re: quick opinion poll / pascal highlighting "case"]

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 29 12:39:31 CEST 2010

On 29 May 2010 05:02, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> And that is one of the things Elastic Tabstops will resolve (prevent).
>> Yet each developer will have there preferred indentation amount.
>
> I doubt that elastic tabstops really can do that. It must be context
> sensitive, what introduces dependencies and chances for misbehaviour.

Well, that is exactly what Elastic Tabstops (ET) can do. If you read
the information on the ET home pages and understand how it works, you
will clearly see what I mean. Each user can set there preferred
indentation (as pixels - not characters). ET then translates each Tab
character so the desired indentation based on code around each line.
It adapts indentation (via display only) without the need of adding
extra Tab characters in the code.

  - Graeme -