[Lazarus] Using FPC parser/tokenizer for code formatting

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat May 29 17:07:31 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 06:41:12AM +0200, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Florian Klaempfl schrieb:
>
> > BTW: We had this discussion ten years ago already when fpdoc was made
> > and it was decided to write a separate parser after failed attempts to
> > use fpc's frontend.
>
> Just a question: AFAIR at that time the parser was an automaton, created
> by some lex/yacc port. At that time I also gave up to make the parser
> usable for documentation or other purposes. But when this is no more
> true, the discussion could be resurrected?

Florian already corrected this, but I think you are confused with h2pas
which uses some lex/yacc port. (tply)

ptop has an own parser too btw. So that makes at least 4 or 5 parsers in the
combined FPC/lazarus projects

- the compiler's
- fpdoc/fcl-passrc
- ptop
- lazarus codetools
- lazarus syntaxhighlight (different from codetools?)
- Jedi CodeFormat.