[Lazarus] clarification / Re: constant-highlight ? [Re: quick opinion poll / pascal highlighting "case"]

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 29 21:32:34 CEST 2010

On 29 May 2010 17:52, Henry Vermaak wrote:

> Wtf?  It's hundred percent true.  Is that your definition of "weak"?
> If your editor doesn't support elastic tabstops, and you rely on
> elastic tabstops for alignment, the code won't line up properly.

What I am saying is that Tab characters are supported in ALL editors,
so indentation using tab characters is not a problem. ET uses the Tab
character too. Also ALL editor support a user define tab width for the
tab character. So again, switching between ET enabled or not editors,
your CODE will still be readable if you adjust the tab width to what
you are used too in each editor (hardly any effort to do).

The *only* thing that _might_ not look correct is alignment of
comments behind your code - and like you said, neither you or I
normally (and probably many others too) use such multi-line commenting
styles.

Take the trouble and load gEdit with the ET plugin. Format some pascal
code, then view it in Lazarus IDE. It's not really as bad as one would
expect.

  - Graeme -