[Lazarus] spaces or tabs?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon May 31 08:13:04 CEST 2010

On 5/30/2010 17:15, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 30 May 2010 17:11, waldo kitty wrote:
>> their "code tags" to preserve the formatting... the tabs become spaces in
>> the browser and the alignment is thrown off... it doesn't matter if it is a
>> table, chart or simply source code...
>
> Maybe Lazarus IDE needs a special copy command that automatically
> converts Tabs to Spaces - solely for the purpose of pasting into
> forums or email. :-)

hehehe... nice! :) :P

nononono... don't need that, really :laugh:

>> with it... however, when i'm logged in via ssh, being able to do a copy or
>> paste to/from the workstation's local clipboard to/from the ssh session is
>
> Pasting to a ssh session where mc's editor is running is easy. Select
> the code in your local system and copy to clipboard. In the Terminal
> window running your SSH session, don't use keyboard shortcuts, you the
> Edit>  Paste menu command of the terminal itself. This works for me.

ahhh... i don't think i've dug thru that menu in putty... i'll have to take a
look and see what i can find... i've been used to just drag to hilite and the
text is in the clipboard... or just right click and the clipboard contents are
pasted where the cursor is... i think one of my problems, without trying it to
be clear, is that mc is mousable or at least when i try to drag or paste, the
clicks are interpreted by mc as screen movement stuffs... IDK... we'll give it a
try and see what i can find ;)

>> i still can't get my thumb to hit the tab key,
>
> Well, I would seriously go see a doctor if youth thumbs can actually
> reach the Tab key while doing touch typing. Super dexterous. ;-)

yeah, no doubt! :lol: