[Lazarus] What could trugger the repaint of a Gecko component?

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Nov 3 20:02:48 CET 2010

Hi all,

I have something strange and maybe someone can help me with it.

I'm working on the Geckocomponents. I have a component based on a
TCustomWincontrol. This control encapsulates a (gecko)-browser, so you
can use gecko to browse webpages within this control.

Now when this control is on a form and a website is loaded, you can see
nothing. But when the form's size is changed (for example with the
mouse) but the control's size doesn't change (ie: it doesn't use
anchors/alCient) then the website is drawn.
Another way to trigger the painting of the website is to set a property
of another control on the form. For example the caption of a label.

This is on gtk2, on Windows the website is immediately drawn. Any idea
what can exactly trigger the embedded control to be drawn?

Joost.