[Lazarus] Accessing the FormEditor from within a non-lcl designer

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Nov 12 15:15:01 CET 2010

Hi all, Mattias,

I would like to use FormEditor.CreateComponent and
FormEditor.CreateuniqueComponentName from within a designer-mediator. So
I don't have to duplicate that code.

How can I do this? I've tried it using LCLForm.Designer.TheFormEditor,
but this is not possible because the TheFormEditor property is defined
in the designer.pp unit, which I can not use in a package.
I've tried to move the TheFormEditor property to the
ComponentEditorDesigner class, but that leads to circular
unit-references.

I can try to find some solution, but maybe you know a better one?

Joost.