[Lazarus] How to stop Lazarus from loading previous project on start?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 22:57:20 CET 2010

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 21:21:06 +0000, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

>On 02/11/2010 21:15, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> But I can for the life of me not stop Lazarus from opening old
>> projects on startup so I get a chance to select the sdpo package to
>> install...
>Enviroment / Options
>
>There is a checkbox "Open last project at start" => uncheck it
>(it's on the first page "Files")
>
>Lazarus will start with a new, empty, unsaved project.

Thanks, that did the trick!

But I am hosed anyway....

I did this:
- Restarted Lazarus, it created a new empty project
- Went to the Package menu and opened the sdposerial.lpk package
- In the package dialog I clicked Compile and this worked fine
- Then clicked Install and this worked for a while, but...

Now I have an error box:

Unable to find file "componenttreeview.pas"
If it belongs to your project, check search path in.... (long text
follows)

The thing is that there is NO project loaded besides the default empty
one and I don't know a thing about this componenttreeview.pas file, it
is not part of the project in any case.

What to do now?
Uninstall Lazarus completely and erase the remaining files and start
over?
Or is there some other solution?

All I wanted to do was resinstall the old sdposerial package since the
SVN one caused install errors....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden