[Lazarus] Undefined value in SdpoSerial

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 23:52:58 CET 2010

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 21:45:23 +0000, Paulo Costa <paco at fe.up.pt> wrote:

>On 02/11/2010 19:19, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> After looking at the 5DPO WIKI page I downloaded and installed an SVN
>> client in order to get the latest version from SVN.
>>
>> Now that I have received the newest files, what is the proper way to
>> get them into Lazarus?
>>
>> Do I copy the files over to the C:\Programs\lazarus\components\sdpo
>> folder and overwrite whatever is located there?
>
>That is possible, but not the best way.
>
>> Can I have a SVN checkout residing right inside the Lazarus program
>> files?
>
>That is the best option.
>
>> Do I have to do something else or will Lazarus discover that the
>> component files have changed and start using them immediately?
>
>Well, you should recompile the package.
>
>> Obviously I am a newbie with both SVN and Lazarus (old hand at Delphi
>> and CVS though).
>
>Not for long (the newbie part)

Can I use the SdpoSerial object without actually installing the
package into the Lazarus IDE?

Right now it looks like my biggest headaches are centered around the
rebuilding of Lazarus itself, which I really do not want to do.
The serial comm component is not a visual one so I really just need to
create it in code provided it is OK to do. But I want the tooltips
showing what properties and methods are available still...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden