[Lazarus] How to stop Lazarus from loading previous project on start?

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 22:46:46 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

BB> I made a small utility to find a file on path and used it on the PC
BB> where Lazarus is installed.
BB> Result:
BB> C:\findfile make.exe
BB> C:\Programs\Borland\BDS\4.0\Bin\make.exe
BB> C:\Programs\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\make.exe
BB> As you can see the only make on path is actually from Borland (two
BB> copies).
BB> So this raises the question if FPC should not put itself on path
BB> during installation? Otherwise one MUST always specify a long path to
BB> the make utility in fpc when rebuilding lazarus....

Just try to avoid PATH use, it only will bring you problems
constantly. My path only points to Windows related folders and maybe
to some program that strictly need it to work. Lazarus does not need a
path environment set to work properly.

When a path is strictly needed in command line (like the make case) I
build a little bat that preserve current path, add the needed path,
execute the make or alike and restores the old path.

Since I do this things in this way I had removed a lot of headaches.

--
Best regards,
 José