[Lazarus] Custom draw menu

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 10:14:12 CET 2010

On 7 November 2010 07:17, Paul Ishenin wrote:

> LCL menu bar is a native menu bar. Only drawing is made on LCL-win32 side
> but menu handles are native menu handles :)

This sounds more like defeating the point of what LCL is trying to be.
With your logic I can say fpGUI is a native widgets too, because it
uses native window handles for every component, I just does the
drawing itself. :)

> Because I'm a delphi developer at my other 2 works and when I have some
> problem I debug into VCL to see why I have it. Strange that you did not
> debug there and did not study the code when you were delphi developer too.

Of course I did, but that was last done when D7 was released (what is
that....10+ years ago already). I haven't used Delphi for a very very
long time, and have no idea how the VCL code looks like any more. The
only Borland thing I still look at, is the Kylix 3 help manuals lying
on my desk.

  - Graeme -