[Lazarus] Custom draw menu

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 13:54:33 CET 2010

On 7 November 2010 13:19, José Mejuto wrote:
> with custom paint si not the same as using a full custom paint
> control, in example screen readers will work with native control
> custom painted while they will not work in something like fpGUI.

And you are totally wrong. Please research the matter before you make
such general comments. Custom painting and custom drawn toolkits can
just as easily have support for screen readers or any other assistive
technologies. Qt being a case in point on all platforms it supports.
GTK2 being a case in point under Linux (to me GTK2 is just like fpGUI
- custom drawn because X11 has no native widget support). After a
recent message in the FPC mailing list by somebody else (and due to my
personal interest in the matter), I have a renewed interest in adding
Assistive Technologies support to fpGUI too. After some research that
I have done, this is not so hard to do. Simply hook into the assistive
technology libraries or API's under the various platforms. It's just
like using any other 3rd party library (eg: for 3D graphics you hook
into DirectX or OpenGL - assistive technologies are exactly the same).

  - Graeme -