[Lazarus] Control view style 3D? (1/1)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 13:44:05 CET 2010

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 22:14:18 +0000, Henry Vermaak
<henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 9 November 2010 21:46, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 20:38:57 +0000, Henry Vermaak
>> <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>On 9 November 2010 20:29, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>>So it looks like lazarus is obeying the correct theme, but delphi 7 is
>>>showing the "classic xp" theme.  How does this compare to the other
>>>applications?
>>>

>> Why is the lazarus looks correct and "classic xp" the wrong theme?
>
>Because your computer is not currently set to the classic theme.

AFAIK I have never set a Theme in Windows, at least not on this
virtual computer I am using for development. I have set the background
to a solid color not to waste resources on imagery etc, but apart from
that I did nothing I remember now.
I tend to keep my development machines as simple as possible to
reserve resources where they are needed. So I always switch off the
Microsoft "goodies" like animating the minimization of windows and
such.

But the ONLY application that shows this strange (to me) different
view on the PC is the Lazarus generated one, all other applications
seem not to bother with whatever theme setting error is done.

>> My preferences are different.
>> If I want the programs to look like on XP how do I go about it?
>
>Change your computer to use the classic theme.

How do I do that?

>See attached for how a simple lazarus program looks under the two themes.

There you go! How did you set up Lazarus to produce the one with the
3D look? That is the style I am after.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden