[Lazarus] Control view style 3D? (1/1)

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Nov 10 14:02:15 CET 2010

On 10/11/2010 12:44, Bo Berglund wrote:

>> See attached for how a simple lazarus program looks under the two themes.
> There you go! How did you set up Lazarus to produce the one with the
> 3D look? That is the style I am after.

IIRC you mentioned you want that look cross platform?

If so:
changing theme => the app will look like that on computers with that
theme, it will look different on computers with other themes (never mind
which OS)
add/remove manifest => that is windows only.

In short, you may configure *your* computer, so it looks fine.
But on another computer (same or other OS) it will  look different.

Lazarus does not have ctrl3d, nor any equivalent.
Lazarus does not force a certain look, it tries it's best to honour the
settings of the person using your app. And if that person has "flat"
settings, then there is little you can do.

You can add panels or bevels around all edits, and simulate the look,
but that is a big resource wastage. And may have the strangest visual
side-effect. (Since a button/edit on gtk looks very different from one
on w32, and again from QT, or Carbon).

If you wish to ignore your users choice, in a cross-platform manner you
can use either msegui/mseide or fpgui.
They look the same on every platform, but they *may* (more or less) look
very different from any native app.