[Lazarus] Lazarus download page

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Wed Nov 10 17:54:18 CET 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:37:25 +0100, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing to build some more user-friendly download page with
> installation instructions.
>
> Before I continue, I would like to know whay you guys find of the basic
> idea:
>
> http://www.lazarussupport.com/tmp/index.psp/Compiler?section2=DownloadWizard
>
> Note: rest of the site doesn't work with this url. It's only to show the
> download-page. Clicking next a few times with the default options will
> work. If you select something else strange things might happen...
>
> Joost.

Nice idea!
However I would suggest to reduce it to two steps, with the first one
being categorized (Lazarus, Documentation, ...) and each of them having
radio boxes (Windows, Linux, Mac .... or for the docs CHM, HTML, PDF,
etc.).
Basically somewhat like SourceForge, just less generic :D

Best Regards,
Andreas.