[Lazarus] Lazarus download page

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Nov 10 21:29:07 CET 2010

On 10/11/2010 16:37, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing to build some more user-friendly download page with
> installation instructions.
>
> Before I continue, I would like to know whay you guys find of the basic
> idea:
>
> http://www.lazarussupport.com/tmp/index.psp/Compiler?section2=DownloadWizard
>
> Note: rest of the site doesn't work with this url. It's only to show the
> download-page. Clicking next a few times with the default options will
> work. If you select something else strange things might happen...
Nice, very...

- Far to many steps
- selection/next button not intuitive

My suggestions

- In order to make the headers a clear choice of selection, add a
checkbox to each header. if the user selects it, it also opens the
selected explanation.
As to clicking the header elsewhere:
   - could select the checkbox
   - could allow peak preview, not moving the selection
   - could select the checkbox, if none yet set, otherwhise peak preview

- for the button
   have a button in each explanation.
   Then you do not need checkboxes..., but something like a more/select
button on each header, to open the explanation.

- for the pages.
   nested headers? if you select linux, then there could be several
headers inside.

---
The ideas are just what came to mind, not sure which one will work best
or at all, or not at all...

Martin