[Lazarus] Control view style 3D? (1/1)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 22:20:40 CET 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 00:44:19 +0100, Reimar Grabowski <reimgrab at web.de>
wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:21:09 +0100
>Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Strange, but now I know how to handle it at least.

>Can you elaborate why you think this is strange?
>It is consistent and the way it is supposed to work, because Lazarus
>follows the theme settings of the user as much as possible. Therefor
>you get apps that have the native look of the target platform, no
>matter if it is Win, Mac or Linux. This is one goal of Lazarus, so
>I am really interested what you think is strange about this behaviour.

The strange thing is that EVERYTHING else on the XP development PC
(all applications with no exception) shows up as 3D EXCEPT the program
I created with Lazarus.

The explanation that Lazarus follows the native look of the operating
system it runs on based on the user theme setting does not hold (for
my understanding at least) because this is the SINGLE case of flatness
among each and every application on this PC. And that includes the
tools and utilities included with WinXP.
So the native look IS 3D when Lazarus builds the flat looking
application...

To me the explanations given here therefore are strange. Maybe you are
implying that the operating system *is* set to a flat theme, only it
does not show up?....

But unchecking the "Manifest" checkbox in the project properties cures
this for me, at least in the dev PC. So that is what I will do.

And I would not have asked if I had done the tests in UBUNTU and they
showed the flatness because I am not used to how Ubuntu should look so
I could not claim anything. WinXP on the other hand is something I
have used for years and I am used to how it looks....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden